After printing a few of my photoshop experiments using Ashleys photographs, I have set to work adding layers of paint and adding texture. By smearing ready mix paint, and distressing the surface using folding, creasing and scratching, it creates interesting surfaces on which I can start to draw.
I added textures using bubble wrap to print onto the images, and pressed images together to transfer paint from one to another. The random nature of this technique usually creates unexpected results and one or two worked out well
Storm Doris has helped me to make time for some of my digital circle work today. Playing around with layers and colour to develop some of the images Ashley sent me as a starting point. The images of urban textures are perfect for the type of work I like to do, so these initial doodles hopefully will develop into something interesting over the next few days.
Some of the subtle patterns from the original photographs are working together quite nicely. My next step is to print them and use them as a basis for some drawings.
This afternoon I have been doing what work I can while coughing and sneezing in bed…mindmaps to encourage my year 11 students to explore their exam themes in more depth. Sometimes they struggle to think outside the obvious, and are rather scared of trying anything new, so this stage is a challenge for them, and me.